Sunday, June 3, 2007

I imported the head into ZBrush 3 to start detailing it. I feel like I am getting the hang of this. Zbrush is so intuitive and has immediate feedback from it's workflow. I dont have to spend hours moving vertices around in Maya. Which also reminds me, why doesn't maya have proportional modeling tools like Blender or something similar to the Move/Tweak Tool in Zbrush 3? Anyway, I am probably half way done with the head. I got all the proportions right in the lower subdivisions and then gradually stepped up through subdivisions. I am just starting on the bigger wrinkles and soon will be on to alpha detailing in other wrinkles and pores. I'm on subdivision 6 now at 1.7 million polys. That should be plenty for the amount of detail I want, but I am hoping to learn the new features ZBrush 3 has to offer: HD geometry, 3d layers, PolyPaint and transpose(now called the move tool). I'm also excited to alpha detail without having to use projection master. I dont have to deal with cleaning up all the artifacts that are left. Zbrush 3 is by far one of the best upgrades for software of this nature.

Furthermore, I blocked in the body, drew a concept sketch, and started porportionally modeling the arm/hand. In the next few days I'll upload some screen shots of my progress.

No comments: