Friday, November 9, 2007

Topology and UV Layout for Lou



Wow, If you ever get the chance to try and redo topology within Zbrush, don't. It took me about 6 hours or so to redo my topology and get correct edgeflow. Without going in gritty details, it is just way better to construct a base model within maya, LAYOUT THE UVs, then import into Zbrush. So anyway, I redid my topology within Zbrush, took it back into maya for clean up and laid out the UVs with the pelting tool. I lost a little bit of detail when i did so, but thats alright, i want to resculpt some things anyway. When I was first sculpting, i had a model that wasn't symmetric, but this time i decided i would try and cut my work in half by retaining symmetry. I wont have a tooth, but i think i may be able to add a subtool and import it into maya with some sort of constraint to where it would follow the mouth. Anyway, enough with the technical things, it seems like i wasted 6 hours or so retracing what i should have done in the first place. And the funny thing is I actually didn't really do anything to alter the appearance of lou, lol. But making sure i have the correct edgflow will make the rigging stage go a lot smoother.

No comments: